Monday, January 5, 2009

Catching Up

Happy New Year! Christmas came and went and I managed to treat everyone to some fairly decent gifts. Even though we always spend Christmas Day at our parent's, Sean decided to decorate our house. He went out and got a tree and ornaments. We had friends over to help us trim the tree and got the place looking very warm for the holidays. And then we got drunk.

Kent came into town and stayed with us from the 27th through the 2nd. His birthday happens to land on the 31st, so its always a double celebration for him. We rang in the New year with friends in Scripps Ranch. Mark and Stephanie hosted a great party, that included the first annual drink-off competition. Competitors were judged on drink-ability, presentation, and originality. My vote went to Josh Kirwood for his creation below.



I woke up with a wicked headache.

I've put on a somewhat expected 5 or 6 lbs, what with all the chocolate-covered whatevers and caramelized thingajobs. I hope to be rid of that in a week or two.

New Years Resolutions:

- Be nicer. Even though I've made leaps and bounds in this category over the last few years, there is still a ways to go before one might go so far as to described me as a "Nice Guy". This will generally involve smiling more, and being pleasant, even to assholes...because, let's face it: they are everywhere and they are trying to recruit us everyday.

-Take more risks. This is about the direction I am taking my life and where I would like to be in 5 years and forward. It's going to involve putting aside everyday comforts and using my time and energy to work for the future. but I have to start by taking some chances.

- 1/2 marathon. This is a 21K run or about 13.1 miles. This will be very difficult for me. If you wanna run with me, that would be awesome.

-Practice discipline. I've got a good amount, but not in places where it is becoming more important as I grow older. More everyday discipline, and less errors in judgment.

No comments: