Thursday, December 11, 2008

No...It actually IS Christmas time.

I like the holidays as much as anybody else, but it seems that every year that passes, the anticipation has grown less and less and eventually has gone away all together. I went out for a jog over the weekend, and it was sunny and warm...about 75 degrees. As I was running past the Mission Hills Nursery. I saw a truck parked out front unloading what looked like Christmas Trees. "That's odd," I thought to myself. Maybe they are planting them or something...to grow until Christmas time? It was at least another 15-20 seconds before I realized, "No, it actually IS Christmas time you idiot."

Suffice to say, with thoughts like this, I haven't done much in the way of shopping for gifts. I had better get that going.

The holiday parties have begun, and pretty much every day is booked from now until Jan. This weekend was the annual party at the Cox's. I missed it last year. I got so excited I almost...

No comments: