Thursday, March 25, 2010

Loss and Grief

This is where I write about what is going on in my life, however I have always taken a lot of care to respect the privacy of others. So I will try to be as considerate as possible and exclude any details that might breach that boundary, but its a fine line to walk.

My 2+ year relationship with Melina ended early Saturday morning, the 20th. The decision was hers. We had no prior discussion about splitting up before she informed me of her decision. It took a few days to fully sink in. It still hasn't totally. I have woken up every morning since and for a brief moment, felt relief that I had only dreamed it. Then... a moment later, oh... right. No dream.

I am not filled with anger or bitterness or resentment. Some of those feelings come, but they don't linger. I nearly destroyed an opportunity to end on good terms, by having almost no response at all... I was just numb. Thankfully she allowed me an opportunity to express thanks for what was truly a wonderful 2 and a half years.

I will miss her dearly.


The process begins.

No comments: