Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Time

And then one day you find 10 years have got behind you. And I guess I'll just begin again. You say we can still be friends. But now that I'm older my heart's colder. Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missing. There is no reconciliation that will put me in my place. Tides that I tried to swim against have brought me down upon my knees. The feelings I could not release became a bitter part of me. Looking back through time you know it's clear that I've been blind. Maybe we've outgrown all the things that we once loved. Maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts. Maybe I don't really wanna know how your garden grows. The finest day that I ever had was when I learned to cry on command. I never said I was a victim of circumstance. Weep little lion man, you're not as brave as you were at the start.

No comments: