Monday, June 30, 2008

FAIL

Again, pure exhaustion will keep this post short.

Oppressive heat will force me to run the 10k indoors. I am going down to the gym here at the Rio to hop on the treadmill. I will just set it at 6.2 mph. I'll let you know how the knee holds up...but it feels pretty good.

$10,000 playing poker with only a $500 investment? FAILED. I am loser on the trip and have already invested more than $500. Sigh. I had been riding an up and down roller coaster throughout the trip, but yesterday was particularly cruel to me. I will waste no time or energy in detailing the specific hands. It's just variance. When you consistently fall victim to the negative side of variance...that presents a problem, because see...you need money to play poker, and if you keep losing...well...you won't have much money for too long. I will try again next year.

I have the rest of the day to think about what I would like to accomplish in July.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the poker goal. I'm still rooting for you on the run.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry...at least you're still ridiculously good looking (and that's all that matters.) Bring on July!!!